Rhizome by Tom Dekyvere
HYBYCOZO by Yelena Filipchuk and Serge Beaulieu
Les Luminéoles by Porté par le vent, created for the Lyon Light Festival.
Blumen Lumen by Foldhaus Artist Collective
IMPULSE Creation and execution: Lateral Office and CS Design, Production: Quartier des Spectacles Partnership, Montreal, Canada, Producer: CREOS
Canal Creatures by Isaac Caruso and Ashley Macias
Moonflower by Lee Yun Qin
Los Trompos by Héctor Esrawe and Ignacio Cadena
Canal Convergence Water + Art + Light
February 23-26, 2017
4-10 p.m. Daily
Scottsdale Public Art presents its fifth year of the cutting-edge, interactive art event Canal Convergence Water + Art + Light. With the support of presenting sponsors Salt River Project (SRP), the City of Scottsdale, and Billie Jo and Judd Herberger, Scottsdale Public Art brings together international and local artists to create a one-of-a-kind, immersive art event.
During Canal Convergence 2017, visitors will experience four days of nine large-scale, contemporary public art installations positioned in the Arizona Canal, along its banks and soaring in the skies above.
Featured Installations, Artists and Performers:
- Polygonum 2.0 by Tom Dekyvere
- Les Luminéoles and Lentille d’eau by Porté par le vent
- Los Trompos by Héctor Esrawe and Ignacio Cadena
- IMPULSE Creation and production: Lateral Office and CS Design, Production: Quartier des Spectacles Partnership, Montreal, Canada, Executive Producer: CREOS
- Blumen Lumen by Foldhaus Artist Collective
- HYBYCOZO by Yelena Filipchuk and Serge Beaulieu
- Canal Creatures - Where Are They Now? by Isaac Caruso and Ashley Macias
- Moonflower by Lee Yun Qin
- Dusk Performance: RIOULT Dance NY
- Dance Workshops and Demonstrations: The 7 Fingers
Throughout the evenings of Canal Convergence, Scottsdale Public Art will present a range of educational activities and engaging events, as well as live music and performances. Visitors can look forward to artist-guided mural painting, installation-themed workshops, all-level dance workshops, an outdoor dance performance at dusk and, new for 2017, a series of artist talks. Live music from local bands will be featured each night at Soleri Plaza, and Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings will feature a beer and wine garden with beer by Two Brothers Tap House and Brewery of Scottsdale.
Highlighted Events for Canal Convergence 2017 (Click on the link for more information about each event)
- Canal Convergence VIP Preview Party – Wednesday, February 22, 6–8 p.m.
- Conversation with the Artist at Canal Convergence – Thursday, February 23 through Sunday, February 26, 5:30–8:30 p.m. Daily
- Canal Convergence Artist-Led Workshops – Thursday, February 23 through Sunday, February 26, 4–6 p.m. Daily
- The 7 Fingers Dance Circus Themed Workshops and Demonstrations – Thursday, February 23 & Friday, February 24, 4–5:45 p.m.
- Short Films Screening – Thursday, February 23, 7:30–8:30 p.m.
- Night Lights Bike Ride – Sunday, February 26, 6:30–7:30 p.m.
- Live Music & Performances at Canal Convergence – Thursday, February 23 – Sunday, February 26, 4–10 p.m.
Scottsdale Public Art has selected a diverse range of local bands and performers for Canal Convergence 2017: Inspiracion Flamenca, Sid Hausman, Lonna Kelley, Whiskey's Quicker, AZ Beat Lab, There is Danger, Sergio Mendoza y la Orkesta, Japhy's Descent, and Phoenix Afrobeat Orchestra. Click on the "Event Schedule" tab above to see the full schedule of dates and times for each performer.
Visit our Facebook page, Facebook.com/canalconvergence for exclusive offers and Canal Convergence artist and installation updates.
Want to see what Canal Convergence is all about? Click HERE to view a video of Canal Convergence 2016.
Click HERE for more information about past Canal Convergence installations.