Canal Convergence is a free event and open to all ages. Check below for daily schedules and purchasing information for special ticketed events happening during Canal Convergence.
Scottsdale Public Art and Salt River Project present Canal Convergence Art + Water + Light. This annual event that offers interactive artworks by local and international artists, hands-on activities, live music, and performances at the Scottsdale Waterfront between Scottsdale and Goldwater roads. During Canal Convergence 2016, attendees will enjoy 12 large-scale artworks positioned both in the Arizona Canal and along its banks. Additional attractions include an “Artist@Work” demonstration area, free workshops with dance collective Pilobolus, family-friendly hands-on activities, art-making stations, and live performances throughout all four days. Friday and Saturday evenings will also feature a beer, food and wine garden.
Visit our Facebook page, Facebook.com/canalconvergence/ for exclusive offers and Canal Convergecnce artist and installations updates!
Ticketed Events during Canal Convergence:
Scottsdale Public Art & Phoenix New Times Present Stories with a Splash: A Birthday Party!
Friday, February 26, 2016 - 7:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Soleri Plaza at the Scottsdale Waterfront Click HERE to purchase tickets
Pilobolus@Play: All-Levels Dance Workshops
- Saturday, Feb 27 10:30-11:30 a.m., Click HERE to RSVP
- Saturday, Feb 27 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m., Click HERE to RSVP
- Sunday, Feb 28 10:30-11:30 a.m., Click HERE to RSVP
- Sunday, Feb 28 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m., Click HERE to RSVP
Schedule for Canal Convergence │ Water + Art + Light
Thursday, February 25: 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Friday, February 26: 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 27: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 28: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
On view during all four days of Canal Convergence:
- Blooms by Bruce Munro
- Spiraling Droplets by Aphidoidea
- Light Origami created by KAZ Shirane, and produced by Reuben Young, LED Lighting provided by Lumenpulse.
- MICRO –Double Helix by Purring Tiger
- True Local Time by Amy Sansbury Manning
- Billboard Mindscape by Edina Tokodi
- a river’s passing, 1 by Perry Allen
- Your Secret is Safe with Me by Christopher Jagmin
- Design RePublic Mobile Studio with Lindsay Kinkade
- Highway Hotshop with Joshua Dopp
- Autumn/Spring Pavilion: Desert Series by Joy Holland
- Satellite location for the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts Store
- Highway Hotshop by Joshua Dopp: Come see the live glass-blowing and the creation of a large glass artwork to be completed over the four days.
See Event Schedule tab for more information on workshops, activities, and performance.
Volunteer Training Sessions:
Tuesday, February 23, 2016: 12-1PM @ Soleri Plaza
Wednesday, February 24, 2016: 5-6pm @ Soleri Plaza